Saturday, July 26, 2008

You've got snail mail!


I spent today making a retro card pack for snail mail. It is for a good friend who is turning 50 and we are going to celebrate with her tonight. I was inspired by Soulemama who designed this and also put the pattern onto the web. I had seen her creation - she has called it a gratitude wrap and thought I would love to make some just like hers, but using different fabric.

I had bought some fabric from Superbuzzy on the internet, that I thought would be perfect. The fabric arrived a week later, and I have had much pleasure looking at it and planning lots of projects.

I make my own cards, and this is a wonderful way of packaging them as a gift. I walked to the shops this morning and bought the note book, pen and postage stamps to put in it. What a lovely thing to take out with you, and you want to write someone a quick card or remind yourself to do something, and you have all the bits and pieces needed - there are often "waiting times" in the day that can be filled with writing a quick thank you or a quick "I have been thinking of you" card, and then you pop into that red box and it arrives the next day...."you've got snail mail".


What a fun way to spend a day! A visit to the gym, a brisk walk on a glorious winter's day and then home to create - and complete a project to give to a dear friend tonight when we celebrate her birthday.

No comments: