Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My first bag!

I like making things and I have long wanted to make a bag.  I love bags and have a eclectic assortment hanging on door handles around the house. This is my first attempt and I have given it to my Mum for her birthday.  I used leftover scraps from the quilt I made for my aunt and it was fun working out what I would put where.  Each side is different.

Mum does quite a lot of painting and I thought she could use this bag for putting all her art stuff in.  However, she has other ideas for its use and has it hanging over her staircase bannister - the colours blend with the environment of her home and it looks rather lovely.

It took much longer to make than I had anticipated and I managed to break two needles during its construction.  However, I learnt heaps from putting it together and know how to do it better next time.

I always think that I will "whip" something up quickly, but the whip turns into a long slow fiddle.  I spent some of those really humid days working on this - I wouldn't recommend it - but I was determined to get it completed in time for Mum's birthday.

No comments: